If you want to keep a check on your premises and protect your property, a driveway alarm can make your life easier. Imagine being in your bedroom, kitchen, or somewhere else in your house and being able to keep a check on your driveways, doors, walkways, and windows at the same time. You’ll be notified immediately if some unexpected visitor such as a salesperson enters your vicinity on foot or on a vehicle.
A driveway alarm consists of two main parts: a sensor and a plug-in receiver. If you’re looking forward to buying one but are not sure about what you need, the list below will help you choose one.
|Mighty Mule Wireless Driveway Alarm||4,0/5||1025||$$||Check Price Now
|Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm||4,5/5||787||$$||Check Price Now
|1byone Wireless Home Security Driveway Alarm||4,0/5||684||$$||Check Price Now
|Rodann Electronics Wireless Driveway Alarm System||4,3/5||110||$$$||Check Price Now
|Dakota Alert DCMA-2500 Driveway Motion Alert||4,1/5||222||$$$||Check Price Now
|Chamberlain CWA2000 Wireless Motion Alert Security System||3,8/5||3067||$$||Check Price Now
|HA-434RTL by Skylink||3,9/5||1781||$$||Check Price Now
Top-Rated Driveway Alert System Reviews
1. Mighty Mule Wireless Driveway Alarm
The Mighty Mule notifies you when anyone enters your driveway. It uses an electromagnetic sensor that detects when a vehicle is passing through your driveway and contacts the internal base station to alert you.
The sensor is placed in the driveway and it can easily detect the metal of a moving vehicle present within a radius of 3 to 12 ft. The internal base station can be kept up to 400 ft. away from the outdoor transmitter.
When visitors approach your driveway, it gives a pleasant chime to alert you through an indoor receiver. You can also adjust the sensitivity according to your comfort level. The receiver can be placed on a table inside your kitchen or any room or mounted on a wall with a few screws.
- No false alarms due to children or animals passing by.
- Very easy to set up and install.
- Perfect for homes and businesses.
- Low battery indicator present on the transmitter and indoor receiver.
- The cable between the magnet and the transmitter is very short.
- Interference such as UV-blocked or tinted windows and doors can affect the range of the transmitter.
2. Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm
The Guardline is very simple to set up and program. It can run on batteries and on AC adapter as well. The outdoor transmitter uses an infrared sensor and detects when a person or vehicle enters your premises.
The design is very compact and consists of protective coverings and a mounting bracket.
When a person or vehicle passes through your driveway, the sensor detects it through the heat produced and communicates the signal to the receiver. The receiver immediately lights up and plays a pleasant chime to alert you.
It uses one receiver and one motion sensor, but you can add more sensors if you want coverage for more places besides your driveway. This can be handy if you spend your time at different places of your house.
- Very long range from the receiver to the motion sensor i.e. up to 500 ft.
- Loud and clear adjustable volume with more than 30 ringtones to choose from.
- No false alarms.
- The range is affected by objects such as electronics, trees, walls, hills, etc.
- Very expensive as compared to other driveway alarms with the same features.
3. 1byone Wireless Home Security Driveway Alarm
The 1byone Wireless System comes with a remote controller so that you can turn it off whenever you don’t need it. It uses infrared to detect visitors approaching your driveway and is very user-friendly. Since the infrared beam is too narrow, it avoids picking up small animals that pass through your driveway and, thus, doesn’t give any false alarms.
After detection, it sends a signal to the receiver and the receiver rings a bell to alert you. You can place the receiver at a distance of 328 ft. from the transmitter, though the sensor can detect within a range of 16 to 26 ft.
The alarm sound is also adjustable and can be adjusted to 90 decibels maximum. You can also select the alert modes from three options: sound and LED, LED and flash, and flash and sound.
- It uses cutting-edge infrared technology that easily detects any movement occurring within the detection zone.
- Perfect for long and far away driveways so that you get alerts when some guests are paying an unexpected visit.
- If you have other areas you want to monitor, you can add up to 50 additional sensors, and for the receivers, your choice is unlimited.
- Gives a loud sound when you set or unset the alarm.
- The signal of the transmitter cannot travel if the walls are too thick.
4. Rodann Electronics Wireless Driveway Alarm System
The Rodann Electronics Alarm System is the longest range detection system in the market. It is one of the finest engineered driveway alert systems that is capable of catching signals from four different transmitters at once.
You can easily keep track of your visitors with the Rodann Electronics system as it is very efficient. The infrared sensor detects the heat of the people and vehicles and sends a signal to the receiver.
It can be installed in any indoor place to use it effectively. Programming it is also very easy, and you just have to make sure that the four dip switches of the receiver match the four on the transmitter.
- The receiver is equipped with a digital counter and a LED system.
- It is fully automatic.
- The receiver can be placed up to 1000 ft. away from the transmitter.
- Very long battery life.
- Works amazingly for foot traffic but isn’t up to the mark for vehicle traffic.
5. Chamberlain CWA2000
The Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert Security System alerts you when someone enters your premises. You’ll always be notified prior to someone’s entry so that you are prepared for any unexpected visitor.
It has an adjustable infrared sensor that can detect any movement up to 30 ft. away. It has a compact design and can be installed on a fence post, garage, mailbox, or anywhere for your convenience. It is very easy to install,
The base station can be powered by the DC adapter, and you can also use AA batteries. The transmitter and sensor are weatherproof. This device also prevents false alarm because it has an adjustable sensitivity. It also contains a speaker that reminds you about the low battery.
- Expandable configuration and can work up to 4 transmitters.
- Can run two complete systems and can monitor 8 areas simultaneously.
- The transmitter can be placed up to 2,640 ft. away from the receiver.
- As the detection angle is 65 degrees, it can’t be used in countryside houses where there are big animals roaming around such as deer, goats, and horses. These animals won’t go undetected by the sensor and a false alarm can occur.
6. HA-434RTL by Skylink
The Skylink HA-434RTL notifies you when someone approaches your property. It transmits a signal to the base receiver placed indoor and the alarm rings with a 95 dB siren. The base receiver can be placed up to 800 ft. away from the sensor, while the sensor can detect any movement within the range of 40 ft.
The whole wireless system contains a base receiver and sensor but can be expanded using as many as 16 additional sensors. There are supervised sensors that monitor the battery condition and the functioning of other sensors for effective output.
The base receiver detects the battery levels automatically and gives a battery low indication prior to the battery’s death so that you have plenty of time to recharge it.
- Very easy to set up.
- Quite inexpensive with these features.
- Very efficient sensor with a pretty good range.
- Both audio and visual indicators are present.
- The alarm is not loud enough.
- Creates false alarms and needs to be switched off when there is too much traffic outside.
7. Dakota DCMA-2500 Driveway Motion Alert
The Dakota DCMA-2500 is perfect for placing at driveways, backyards, entrance, or a shop for security. It can detect and alert when a vehicle passes within a range of 50 ft. from the sensor. The outer transmitter can be placed at a distance of up to 10,000 ft. from the base receiver, so it is perfect for large houses.
Installation is very easy and quick, and mounting brackets are provided with the package. There are two types of mounting brackets: flush mounting bracket and adjustable pivot mounting bracket. Both are for the transmitter.
The movement of vehicles is tracked by Passive Infrared (PIR) beam. You can choose from four different tones for notification. You can also adjust the detection area for 30, 50, or 80 ft. according to your convenience.
- It can detect large animals, vehicles, and people easily.
- It is very durable and is weatherproof.
- Five minutes exit delay is available so that you can easily leave your premises without an alarm tone.
- Once you have installed, it gets difficult to unscrew.
- The instructions for the settings are not clear.
It takes only a minute for a burglar to break into your home and thus, you should have a strong and reliable security system to keep them away. Driveway alarms are perfect for monitoring your property and act as a proactive security tool if your driveway is far from your home.
Different systems have different features and, of course, different price ranges.
Besides notifying you about an intruder, driveway alarms can also alert you when an unexpected visitor is coming or you’re going to miss on a package delivery. The biggest challenge while using a driveway alarm is to adjust its sensitivity level so that it doesn’t disturb you with false alarms.