Music makes every ride charming. Installing an excellent quality car stereo, double DIN in nature, ensures you have a peaceful and relaxed car ride.
You may wonder, why do you need a double DIN car stereo rather than a single DIN car stereo? You may be at an advantage if you install a double DIN car stereo because it is accompanied by added features like touch screen, DVD, and navigation.
When choosing between possible options, you should focus on the features including sound quality, audio sources, ability to integrate smartphones and applications, etc.
|Pioneer AVH-X2800BS In-Dash DVD Receiver||4,4/5||178||$$$||Check Price Now
|Kenwood DPX502BT Double-Din CD Receiver||4,1/5||129||$$$||Check Price Now
|Pioneer FH-X731BT 2-Din CD Receiver||4,1/5||72||$$$||Check Price Now
|Kenwood DDX372BT Double DIN Bluetooth||4,1/5||245||$$$||Check Price Now
|Jensen VX7022 2 DIN Multimedia Receiver||4,0/5||786||$$$||Check Price Now
|Alpine CDE-W265BT Double DIN||4,7/5||54||$$$||Check Price Now
|JVC KW-R920BTS||4,6/5||36||$$$||Check Price Now
|BOSS AUDIO 870DBI||3,7/5||320||$$||Check Price Now
|Pyle PLDNB78i||3,5/5||164||$$$||Check Price Now
|Sony WX900BT||4,2/5||29||$$$||Check Price Now
Top 10 Reviews
1. Pioneer AVH-X2800BS
This double DIN car stereo is accompanied by handsfree Bluetooth, which allows you to use the phones without being distracted from the road. It comes with a graphic equalizer with an edge over other equalizers since it allows easy control and visualization. Its LED-backlight display and a 6.2-inch touch screen are both aesthetically pleasing and convenient to use.
The stereo comes with a touchscreen which is both robust and resistive in nature. Moreover, the product includes a multimedia receiver. This receiver includes AppRadio One which allows you to access and control smartphone applications with immense ease.
Since the stereo is Sirius- and XM-ready, it is marked by a smooth and seamless satellite radio experience.
It is praised by its users for various aspects including:
- Its affordable price, which allows it to be used by the masses
- Its superior sound quality, which ensures a relaxed ride
- It’s flawless integration with smartphones which guarantees that you can listen to the music on your phone
This stereo has also faced a few criticisms on the following aspects:
- The button layout is not as smooth as other available products
- AppRadio One can be further improved
- The head unit lags at times
2. Kenwood DPX502BT
Dubbed to be an excellent electronic system for a variety of cars, Kenwood features a handsfree Bluetooth and is Sirius- and XM-ready.
It ensures wireless connectivity and allows you to keep your hands on the wheel while simultaneously answering calls. Its Sirius- and XM-ready feature allows your car to have a superior quality satellite connection.
Furthermore, the product has high compatibility with various applications and can be connected to smartphones and MP3 players via the available AUX connection. This allows you to enjoy your phone playlists.
To compress music, the product features a sound reconstruction along with a remote control to access the receiver.
This product is dubbed to be one of the best car stereos available with multiple features including:
- Easy installation
- Superior sound quality for both radio and CD player
- High quality at an affordable price
Users have also found a few problems which they think need to be addressed. These issues include:
- The dim display which is hard to see when the sunlight falls onto the stereo
- The accompanied manual is not easy to understand
3. Pioneer FH-X731BT
With an aesthetically pleasing exterior, Pioneer car stereo has an audio streaming feature which is both wireless and of high quality.
It also includes a handsfree Bluetooth which allows wireless connectivity. Not only is it compatible with Pandora but also adapts well to Spotify. This feature allows you to enjoy various channels of audio streaming with ease.
Furthermore, the product features an enhanced audio system. This feature allows you to relish on the excellent quality music during your car ride.
Users have lauded it pioneer for a variety of reasons. The appreciated value-added features include the following:
- Sleek and shiny design which gives it a luxurious and royal look
- Ability to process a 64 GB thumb drive
- A customization feature which allows you to choose a color for the display. This feature appeals to those who crave personalization
- An excellent FM reception which allows you to enjoy the radio
Pioneer stereo has received the following criticism as well:
- It takes time to recognize your phone
- You can’t see the clock and track information simultaneously
4. Kenwood DDX372BT
This car stereo has a modern look and a 6.2 inches LCD. Its touch screen is smooth and allows for convenient control.
Its high-resolution display lets you easily see the particulars of the screen when driving. Moreover, it has a direct control over iPhone via its compatible USB cable. The product also features a Siri Eyes control which allows you to delegate Siri tasks without taking eyes off the road.
Its built-in Bluetooth paves the way for convenient wireless connectivity. The product can easily play music from various channels, namely CDs, DVDs, and disks.
This Kenwood product is widely appreciated by customers. Its plus points include the following:
- Easy in installation
- Simple layout that is easy to understand
- Customization feature to fit your individual requirements
- High-quality sound system that makes the speaker sound better than it is
This car stereo is criticized for having the following issues:
- It features a dim display making it very hard to see its content in broad daylight
- AM stations face distortions and can be further improved
5. Jensen VX7022
This stereo offers various features at an affordable price.
The system includes a built-in handsfree Bluetooth which allows you to connect with your peers without taking your hands off the steering wheel. Moreover, the device is compatible with your iPhones, Android and Blackberry devices.
It ensures that your speaker witnesses a boost in sound quality. Furthermore, the stereo can be used to play music from your DVDs and CDs with the help of its built-in player. To further add to your convenience, the product is accompanied by an iGo Primo built-in navigation system.
Jensen car stereo is lauded for the following features:
- The Bluetooth feature works seamlessly
- The built-in navigation feature has made traveling to alien areas a piece of cake
- Its value-added features of a camera and two AV inputs add value
Users have also reported the following problems:
- The radio reception is not as good as that of other products
- There is a lack of USB rear input
- The dim display makes the device incomprehensible when sunlight strikes it
6. Alpine CDE-W265BT
It offers superior quality at a reasonable price. It includes a built-in handsfree Bluetooth. This feature allows wireless connectivity.
The system is compatible with iPhone so you can use it to access your personal music playlists quickly. Its player can be used to play audio from CDs, DVDs, and disks. Furthermore, its CD receiver is accompanied by an AM and FM tuner. This allows you to enjoy radio while on your car ride.
Not only does it have a sleek and classy exterior but it also features a display with illumination that varies in color. Such a feature adds to the overall look of the product.
Alpine CDE-W265BT is praised for various features. This includes the following functions:
- It is very easy to be installed which adds to the overall appeal
- The head unit, with its color variability option, is aesthetically pleasing and an excellent addition to your car
- It features a bright screen which makes it an ideal product for broad daylight
The product has received the following criticism as well:
- There is no rear USB
- Pandora app does not work with Bluetooth
7. JVC KW-R920BTS
This car stereo includes a built-in Bluetooth. Such a system will add to your convenience when making calls. Moreover, the product features an auxiliary input which has a front panel and a USB port. Such a port allows for compatibility with various devices including Android and iPhones.
This device has an audio player that can play multiple channels including MP3, WMA, WAV, and FLAC files. It is accompanied by a built-in MOSFET amplifier and includes a filter and level control. Such features add to its overall appeal.
JVC KW-R920BTS is widely appreciated by its various users for many features including:
- Its holistic solution with all the required features including AUX input and flash drive support
- It’s customizable RGB that makes it ideal to use both at night time and in broad daylight
The following issues have been reported by customers:
- The process of making calls via Bluetooth system is marked by lags and bugs
- The feature of mandatory usage of Android Open Accessory is looked down on. Customers suggest it should be an optional feature instead
8. BOSS AUDIO 870DBI
Boss Audio succeeds in providing its customers with a satisfactory car stereo at a price justified by its value-added features. Its players can be used to play audio from CDs, USBs, storage devices, MP3s and your smartphones.
This product allows you to access your mobile playlist quickly. It is highly compatible with both iPhones and Androids. The added features of a wireless remote which can be detached add to the overall appeal of the product.
Furthermore, the car stereo offers an aesthetically pleasing exterior. This feature makes it a good fit for your vehicle. Moreover, it is accompanied by a built-in Bluetooth and EQ which make wireless connectivity possible. It allows you to focus on the road while simultaneously answering calls.
It is liked for the following features:
- Easy in installation
- Overall look
This car stereo has received criticism for the following elements:
- Constant background noise when you use the Bluetooth feature
- Low quality of local radio stations
9. Pyle PLDNB78i
It offers immense value through multiple features. It has a 6.5-inch head unit accompanied by a built-in Bluetooth system and a GPS navigation system.
The hands-free Bluetooth system along with the attached microphone makes wireless streaming and calling significantly easier. Furthermore, the GPS navigation system ensures that you reach your desired destination without any issue.
The product also includes a Micro SD card and a GPS map with preloaded locations. Moreover, the device is compatible with various smartphones including iPhones, Android, Blackberry, Samsung, etc.
Along with the superior audio quality, the device features a crisp and clear video quality. The multimedia video receiver is a compact entertainment box. Its sole purpose is to make your journey as pleasurable as possible.
This car stereo is considered to be amongst the best available stereos. It has received favorable comments for the following features:
- Easy to use and setting up
- Easily upgradeable maps
- Better audio quality than its competing products
It has also received a few unfavorable comments due to following elements:
- The Bluetooth feature cannot be used simultaneously with the navigation function which acts as a hassle
- The screen is too sensitive at times
10. Sony WX900BT
This stereo features a built-in Bluetooth technology. This along with the inclusion of a microphone allows you to enjoy the perks of wireless audio streaming and answering calls without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
It also features a system marked by synchronization of sound. To be aesthetically pleasing, the product has a display marked with the color illuminator. Moreover, the device supports playback from various modes including CDs, DVDs, USBs, MP3s, etc. In order to make controlling the device more convenient for you, the product is accompanied by a wireless remote.
In addition, the car stereo is compatible with a range of smartphones including iPhones and Androids. It is also Sirius- and XM- ready which allows for undisrupted connection with various radio channels. The inclusion of Megabass ensures that you enjoy the dynamics of music even with low volume. The sound engine along with the equalizer guarantees a high-quality audio experience.
Sony WX90BT is lauded for a variety of features including:
- Its look and color
- Its durability and affordability
- Its high-quality audio
- Customers have reported that the Bluetooth system is not on a par with other available products and needs improvement.
All in all, each of the products mentioned above has pros and cons. However, for the value-added features that each one of them provides, the pros clearly outweigh the cons. If you wish to make your car journey as comfortable and entertaining as possible, any of these products will be a good pick.
Now decide which features you value the most. Think of the things you are willing to forego. Come up with your version of the perfect car stereo and see which one of these products best fit your requirements.
We hope that the 10 best double din head units suggested and reviewed here will help you pick what you want. Choose wisely, and you will not be disappointed.